Awards. When I taught middle school, they were part of the game. For kicks, our team decided to award every student with a “candy bar award”. We brainstormed a list of candy bars and matching attributes. For example the “Mr. Goodbar Award” went to the most helpful student, the “Peppermint Patti Award” to the most cheerful, the “Snickers Award” to the funniest, etc…You get the idea.
When I received two awards this weekend, I was flabbergasted. If I was to receive a candy bar award it would be the “Almond Joy Award” for being the happiest blogger in the blogosphere.
I was nominated for the “Beautiful Blogger Award” by Nicole. She’s an excellent writer venturing into the world of fiction.
Terry nominated me for the “Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award”. You’ll find her life situation and her writing very inspirational.
The rules for accepting each award are identical:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link.
- Copy and paste the award logo to your blog.
- Share seven things about yourself
- Nominate other bloggers for the award and notify them.
Seven Five Things:
- When I was six, I learned how to change diapers (the cloth and pin type).
- There’s a 1953 Farmall Super C parked by the barn. Like my husband, it still works.
- Cell phones are annoying gadgets.
- I have seven siblings.
- Rocky and Bullwinkle are brilliant commentators (Rocky the flying squirrel, not Rocky Balboa). The new WABAC machine arrives in 2013. Aren’t you excited?
Now for the nominees (my favorite part)…
3. Amy Signs
All of these blogs are full of Almond Joys. Indulge yourself.
Happy writing and thanks for stopping by!